Thursday, April 14, 2016

Prom Problems

Amy was asked to Mormon Prom a couple of weeks ago.  She had already ordered a dress because she planned to go to her school prom with friends.  She had hoped that the dress would have arrived on Monday after we got home from our cruise.

Monday passed.  No dress.  Tuesday passed.  No dress.  Wednesday was in the process of passing when I got a stressed and worried phone call from her.  She was supposed to work that evening after tennis.  She had a tennis match on Thursday evening.  Prom was on Friday.  She suggested that we needed to go dress shopping after tennis and find a new dress.  Luckily she was able to find someone to cover her shift at work.

I was praying that the original dress would arrive, but when it wasn't here when Amy got home from tennis, I was reconciled to the fact that we would be making a mad prom-dress-shopping dash to Loveland.

We stopped first at Marshall's and Ross.  Marshall's doesn't have prom dresses, and Ross' selection was pretty limited.  She would have been settling for something there.  We then headed to Macy's on the other side of the freeway.  They had lots of dresses to choose from, and Amy immediately set out to find something suitable.  Most of the dresses she picked were pink, but happened on to one black and white dress.  It was stunning on her.  It was a two-piece dress with an open midriff, but I thought I could easily whip stitch the two halves together and still have it be comfortable.  She loved it and felt like a princess in it.

And what luck, I got to open a Macy's charge account! No, I wasn't really thrilled about that, but we got 20% off, plus should get an additional 20% off when the bill comes.  That made the almost $200 price tag a little easier to swallow, especially since this was her second dress.  She promised to give me all of her next paycheck.

I'll post pictures later this week after prom so I don't steal her thunder.