Grand Cayman. Another early day. Amy did not want to get out of bed. It kind of just went downhill from there. I think we had some confusion as to the exact time to meet for excursion and tender ride to the dock. Amy went down first. Then Kristen and I. We stopped at the bathroom. Chris and Misha stuck together. By the time Kristen and I reached the Platinum Theater, our group was nowhere to be seen. We ran to the main desk to make sure that it was where we were supposed to be meeting. Back to the theater. No group, no family. I decided that we would leave with the groups tendering at the later time, hoping to catch up with our family who might have already left. I didn't think to check to see if our family's Sea Passes had been logged with them leaving the ship.
We reached Grand Cayman. No family. We did find Kevin and Candace. They were in line for our excursion. Amy and Misha came on the boat after us just as our excursion was leaving. Chris had sent an adult and youth ticket with Amy, however the youth ticket was only good for Kristen and she didn't want to go with Amy, even though Kevin and Candace would also be there. We had to just let the excursion go and wait for Chris to catch up with us. Lessons learned: stick together, don't leave the ship without the rest of the family. My fault.
By the time Chris finally arrived at the dock, we had been waiting for him for awhile. Amy and Misha were in foul moods. I knew Chris wouldn't be thrilled either. He had raced all over the boat looking for us and was smart enough to check the Sea Pass logs to see if we were still on the boat. When he saw that we had left, he tendered over as well.
We were able to find a new excursion to join at Seven-mile beach and the girls enjoyed an afternoon of water play. My tailbone was killing me, and I tried to find the most comfortable positions possible.
The beach chairs went quickly, and I tried to grab what I could in a shady section before they were all gone. Sadly, we ended up next to this redneck crowd that smoked non-stop for the next two hours, got drunker by the hour, and had x-rated conversations. I was just glad the kids were out playing in the water for most of it.
Our bus was late picking us up. I think the company that had bused us over sent an extra bus to retrieve us when they realized that we were all still waiting. Our driver was a bit of a crazy driver, but got us back to the dock in one piece. The girls were able to shop for a little. We weren't too keen on getting in the long line to return to our boat. It moved relatively smoothly, but took about 45 minutes after we joined at the back of the line.
Ah look, it was the excursion we were supposed to take!
Fortunately, most of our time waiting was under canvas pavilions. As we neared the check-in gate with our Sea Passes, a lady started throwing up in the garbage can and then fainted. The staff were quick to assist her. It slowed the line for a bit, but then we were waved through.
As we reached the boat, we all opted to climb the eleven flights up to Sprinkles for frozen yogurt. Taking a breather after all those stairs!
We had missed lunch and mostly just snacked for the day. We would be eating within a short time, but frozen yogurt was a great way to cool off. Amy and Chris took a quick dip in the pool while Kristen chose to swim for awhile.
It was formal night again, and I wanted a shower. Kristen was surprised when she returned to her cabin. Our room attendant, Jose (also from the Philippines), had found some birthday decorations for Kristen's upcoming birthday and printed off a birthday card for her. She loved the surprise.
Hallelujah, we were ready for dinner early and had time for some family pictures before meeting up with Kevin and Candace for dinner.
Kevin and Candace had a great time on the excursion. Kevin got bit by a fish! He must have looked tasty or...like chum.
Kristen surprised us all by leaving before dessert to go back to her cabin. She was exhausted and not very hungry. Misha, Amy, and I changed out of our fancy dresses and then headed down to the Promenade for the 8:30 show in the Platinum Theater of "In The Air" an acrobatic spectacular. Kristen and Amy had stayed to watch the DreamWorks parade and came in late. I was so tired, I dozed through most of the performance.
Amy realized at the end of the performance that her Sea Pass and lanyard were missing once again. It wasn't around her seat. Back to the guest relations desk once again. I asked if anyone had by chance turned it in. The employee came back out with both of her lost cards. Since the first one had been deactivated, we left it with him. That lanyard wasn't doing her a lot of good in keeping track of her Sea Pass.
Kristen and Amy went up to the pool to swim for awhile and watched a movie on the big screen. I think they were back by 11 pm.


