Amy was asked to Mormon Prom by a young man, Bobby Lucas, from our ward (church congregation). Mormon Prom was a dance sponsored by a stake in Ft. Collins where young men and women could attend and experience a fun, relaxing, and clean environment, that potentially they might not find at their school's prom.
It was a good thing that Amy and I made a rush trip to Loveland to find her a new prom dress since the dress she ordered from China did not arrive in time.
I spent about an hour on Friday morning attaching the bodice to the skirt since the dress Amy picked was a two-piece number that showed her midriff. It was cute as a two-piece, but came together nicely as a one-piece (though maybe a little itchy with some sequins being stitched in place.)
Amy's friend, Sarah Rutherford, came over on Friday after school and helped Amy with her hair. After the hair came make up. When Bobby drove up early, and Amy wasn't finished with her makeup, nor did she have her dress on, we had to scramble. She was just in the process of applying her eyelashes.
Misha answered the front door, while I helped Amy slip into her dress. I went down to talk with Bobby while Amy finished up.
After a few pictures at our house and exchanging flowers, Amy and Bobby headed down the street to Wasden's for pictures with their group.
I followed in the car, and Chris was dropped off by our friend Mike. Apparently we weren't the only parents who wanted in on the picture-taking.
After a little bit, the doorbell rang, and in walked Kristen, rather red-cheeked and winded (and probably cold) as she had run down the street in her socks, pjs, and no jacket! She didn't want to miss out on the fun either. (Photo below from Tirsa Allen.)
I took a bunch of pictures of the whole group, the girls, the boys, couples along with other parents.
The weather wasn't exactly warm and many of the girls shivered in their beautiful dresses. Finally they were off to a dinner reservation in Loveland at Johnny Carino's and then on to the dance in Ft. Collins.
Here's a few pictures from the dance that I snagged off of Facebook.
