We had a huge snow storm scheduled to blow in on Monday afternoon. On Sunday, the airlines started sending out alerts that flyers could change flights without penalty. Chris and Shane (who was flying out for Thanksgiving with the girls) felt that keeping the original flight on Tuesday (landing after 10 pm) would be fine. On Monday morning, wishing that we had brought the girls home early, I had the girls check for availability. All flights were now booked and the only thing to change to would be Tuesday afternoon. That was a little better than Tuesday evening after 10 pm. Still I worried and lost sleep over the possibility of the girls not being able to come home or the potential for a car accident.
Turns out the snow started to slow on Tuesday afternoon and snow plows had cleaned the roads to the airport well enough that we had no problems getting to the airport. Still, I wished they had come home before the storm started, but I was grateful that we drove to get them around 5:30 pm.
I was just grateful they made it to Denver safely and then we made it back home Tuesday evening safely. I worry.