Saturday, November 2, 2019

Thankful Day 2 - Memories of a Teasing Brother

You might think it weird that I took a picture of two closed doors, but they hold memories for me.  One night, especially, my older brother, Brad, was teasing my sister, Susan, and me. Susan and I shared a room, and Brad came into our room and began jumping from bed to bed while we were trying to go to sleep. He was always a big tease. Susan and I both yelled at the ceiling, "Mom!" hoping that Brad would leave us alone. Without my parents knowing what was wrong, we heard a responding yell from upstairs, "Brad!"


Brad finally returned to his room. Susan and I were wide awake now and decided to teach him a lesson. We quietly found some bungee cords and rope to try and tie Brad's door shut. Unfortunately, his door jiggled a bit as we were trying to tie him in, and he hopped out of bed as quick as could be and began yanking on his door.

It wasn't the last time that Brad tried to torment his sisters. My girls have missed out on having brother who tease them. Chris does his best to fill that role. I am grateful for all of my brothers and my sister.

These doors, by the way, were salvaged from the old Stirling church building. When the old church was torn down to make room for a new building, my dad was able to collect as many of the doors as he wished. They were solid wood and sturdy.

The door knobs alone are pretty amazing—each just a little different and unique.