Call me Sister "Bob the Builder"
As promised, I have much to report🗣🙉
- Interviews with President Standley! He gave me a few clues as to what next transfer might look like for me and my district, but I'm too superstitious to say anything so you'll find out soon enough🤭
- We did service for a lady who asked us to put together a hamper cabinet thingo for her, and I just wanna say that I can do any IKEA thing ever because Legos prepared me. She was so surprised to see two girls come to put it together for her and we felt so accomplished after #handymannymoment #callmebobthebuilder🏗👷♀️
- Mission wide cleaning!! I never thought three hours of mandated cleaning would be so therapeutic (don't tell my mom please)🧽🫧
- Mental health moment...okay real talk missions are hard! But I'm pretty sure I just had my mid-mission crisis (side note: I hit halfway!!!! Only one more pregnancy worth of time to go) so one of the days I just died a bit inside but we bounce back and have a better tomorrow! So to all my missionaries reading this, listen to the council my president gave me: please be kind to yourself!💗🙏
- August! He is our friend on date for baptism!! He's scheduled to be baptized next weekend and we are so excited for him!🌊🫶 prayers up!
- Got a free haircut in my bathroom. Everyone needs a cosmetology school companion
- Music Devotional!! I got to sing in the mission music group for a chapel + gymnasium worth of people! I sang in the choir and a quartet and it was so fun! I wish every mission did these because they're the greatest for our friends (and I get to see most of my old mission pals too) win win! It was Restoration themed and I just couldn't help but to smile so big while singing praises to our God and King!🎵🎹
- Dinner at President's! I love eating at the Standley's, it's so cool that they entertain missionaries and their friends almost every night. Our new member had to cancel last minute but they were kind enough to host us still and let the other sisters tag along. We went and picked them up from the cemetery (don't ask) and drove down! I feel so at home in the mission home! They're literally my mission mum and dad.👨👩👧🏡
- Exchanges with Sister Anderson!! She is in my intake and I just had the best time with her. It's so fun to catch up and switch things up. We saw miracles and yapped and even painted each other at the Young Women's activity! The results are...questionable!! Please let me know if it looks like me or not 🤩🎨
- Temple (worth the wait) we got to go today and it was so peaceful and I'm grateful we get to go every once in awhile!🤍
I remember asking my mom, when I was probably 11 or so, "Can I get re-baptized? I just feel like I've done so much since I was 8!" She lovingly responded, "No. But we can be just as we were after we are baptized when we partake of the sacrament each week."
There is power in preparing for this wonderful privilege.
Maybe you study differently, take some time to pray or meditate, maybe you do something the night prior, but whatever you do, make it an offering to the Lord, and I promise He will magnify it.
See you all in a few days, love yous!
Sister Kline
PS Saying yous instead of you is an Australianism.