Where is the Other Half of the Lizard?
Hello people!! Happy Autumn in Australia!! Here's some of my points from the week!- I got to hold a puppy at a service🐶
- We've had success in finding people who need service. It was pretty dead in this area for the last few months and it's picking up again! Here's your sign to use social media for missionary work!
- My golden Venezuelan family is moving😭😭 whoever's area they move to better have broken Spanish or I'm gonna cry
- Sister Lee was dying [aka not feeling good] for a few days, so I got to do some cleaning and write on a kajillion flyers. But honestly, it's so nice to have a break every once in awhile😌
- We got lost in the city while trying to observe the city missionaries' super successful and awesome English class so we can make ours super awesome and successful. We eventually found parking 30 MINUTES LATER....but it was a cute and aesthetic little drive. I may be an English class enthusiast now🇬🇧🫶
- Had lessons with NEW FRIENDS yuh, finally getting this area nook cooking a bit🙏
- Had the lovely dinner table topics of kidnapping, true crime, childhood trauma, and making Australians try to name US states and their capitals (they're not very good at it, there are 50 after all [they were surprised when I knew theirs—its giving geography queen])🤠🤝
- Ate Dominoes pizza at the beach—I literally forgot we can just go eat at the beach whenever because it's right there🌊⛱️
- Found 1/2 of a dead lizard in our flat. I'm terrified because the other half and whatever split it is probably hiding too🦎
- Had the least problematic and most uplifting testimony meeting ever! Our friend, Murray, who came for the first time, was blown away! So glad nobody said that God told them the closest depiction we have of heaven is in a Robin Williams movie this time. So blessed.🙏
P-Day is next Thursday (Wed for most of yous) because we're going to the temple!! So much is happening between now and then, so prepare for a biggy when I return.
I've been pondering for awhile how I can best improve my temple worship and make the most of my time in the House of the Lord! If you have any insights on how you prepare and magnify that time, please share with me!!
There's a clip going around of Elder Bednar urging us to call the temple the House of the Lord instead whenever possible. How cool is it that we have His house on the earth?
I'd invite all of you to make time to go to the house of the Lord this week—either on the grounds or inside. Whatever you can make time for will give you so much peace and direction for whatever you're going through right now. But as we intentionally set aside time to spend it with the Lord and serving others, we undoubtedly grow closer to Him.
Go with an open heart and willing mind and He will reveal His will more fully to you!!
And if you're like me and only get to go sparingly, study how you can prepare for the next time you go!!
See you all in 1.5 weeks!
Let me know what you've been up to!
Love,
Sister Kline