Kristen has lamented that our celebrations this past year have been less than stellar, lame, pathetic. She could go on. She is right. Chris pretty much told the girls that we weren't planning to have any more of an Easter egg hunt than the one they attended on Saturday hosted by the Bastsons. (They will be our neighbors within the next year.)
I, however, realized it was important to keep some traditions going and bought a few things for the girls. We decided to hide eggs at the property and eat Kristen's birthday cupcakes on Sunday afternoon. She can have the claim to fame of the first birthday celebrated on the deck.
I hid 48 eggs all over on our property--16 each. We found 47! Someday, many years from now, someone will unearth the 48th egg.
Patiently waiting, though I had to send them to the garage when I started hiding the eggs.
Happy Birthday to my sweet 9-year old!