Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Break - Wednesday

Our mornings are taking on a lazy, relaxed pattern.  That's fine.  Next week we'll be quickly thrown back onto our early-morning schedule and fast-paced life before breakfast.  The weather wasn't quite so nice.  Our plan for the day included miniature golf at Gateway Park in Boulder.  Misha did not want to go and was happy and content to stay home and play her Wii Epic Mickey game. 

The other two girls and I hopped in the Pilot and headed out after lunch.  Boulder area schools had their Spring Break last week, so Gateway Park was rather un-busy.  In fact, we chose to ride the go-karts first and the three of us were the only ones on the track.  Kristen couldn't drive herself and Amy couldn't drive both of them together, so I got to ride along as Kristen's driver.  It was rather chilly and maybe not so much fun with only two cars on the course.

We headed to the miniature golf course next.  I had grabbed my Canon T3i before we left the house, thinking I should at least get a few pictures of our Spring Break week.  When I returned to the car to retrieve my jacket and get the camera, I noticed that Kristen had tucked my small underwater camera in.  Since it fit in my pocket, it was a more convenient choice.  The quality of the pictures weren't as great, but I was already carrying a golf ball, club, pencil, and score card.



The token finger-in-the-gorilla's-nose picture.



Amy got a hole in one.  Yay for her!  I finally stopped keeping score at the 13th hole when I realized I had missed scoring one hole.  We all went downhill from there.  But we had fun.

Since we were in Boulder, we decided to check out Trader Joe's.  People seem to make a big deal out of it when a new store opens.  I was rather unimpressed.  I was imagining something grand and big, and this Trader Joe's wasn't any of that.  It was about the size of a Walgreens.  We picked a few treat items, but I noted that some of the "Trader Joe's" branded foods, were things I grew up with in Canada.


Misha popped a pizza in the oven for us while we headed home, and we ended our day much the same way it began.  Except that Amy fell asleep around 7 pm.  Who naps at 7 pm?!  I was hoping she would sleep straight through, but that was a long shot.  She woke up just as I was going to sleep at 10:30 pm.  Who knows what time she actually went back to bed, but she did get her laundry finished.