We have been concerned with the grade in the front yard and what we have affectionately come to call "the moat". I don't have a really good picture of the before, but there was quite a drop off right in front of the house. We had thought that maybe we would have to have a bridge from the round-about of the driveway to the front door.
The front grade was tweaked a little more and now the moat has been eradicated. Yay! No bridge needed.
Here's another shot of the paint color throughout the house. Did I mention that the painting is taking a loooooooooong time. Dave (Construction Manager) has had to push back the install of the granite, lighting, plumbing, etc just to accommodate the slow pace. And I believe it was George, one of the paint crew, who specifically announced that it was not the painters who were slowing down the process! Liar!
The color is a different shade than the exterior of the house but probably in the same color family. I like to keep it neutral and then add accessories for the pop of color. If I do decide to paint any rooms, I would like to live in the house for awhile before I make that decision.
The deck posts are being decorated.
Chris' electronics room door was finally changed around to swing inward. Probably only he will appreciate the picture.
Chris will hopefully be happy to see that stone was added around the basement window to cover the foam insulation that was applied. And this picture, too, is for Chris' benefit since he is in London.