Kristen was excited to finally participate in the school talent show this year. She had tryouts on April 24th and chose to sing "Tomorrow" from Annie. I was able to find her a karaoke soundtrack on iTunes and sent it to the music teacher. I showed up at the school to pick up Kristen at 4:30 when the auditions were supposed to be over, and there were still so many kids waiting to audition. I told Mrs. Z. that Kristen had piano lessons to get to, so she let Kristen sing right then. Kristen didn't really have time to be nervous until after we got in the car. Mrs. Z had indicated that Kristen would have plenty of chances to work with her and another teacher to perfect the song.
Once Kristen realized that she had made it in to the talent show, she began to rethink her decision. I suggested that she attend a few practices before making up her mind. I was proud of her for making the effort. It takes a lot of courage to sing by yourself in front of people.