Friday, June 7, 2024

Irate Caprese Dude

Chris and I were enjoying a nice dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Longmont. A couple was seated next to us, and I will admit some of his conversation was a little odd.

After his meal was brought to him, he started trash talking the cook with not so kind words and that he should be ashamed for serving such food. The guy then proceeded to tell the server but didn't want the info passed along. Why bother telling the server if you don't want the order fixed?

The owner approached the guy and asked about the meal and wanted to make it right. The guy became irate saying he didn't want to have this conversation, that he wanted to be left alone. He threw done is napkin and jumped out of chair like he was getting ready to fight. The owner said, "What are you doing?"

Chris and I were sitting right next to the guy so we had a front row seat. The guy kept getting in the owner's face and becoming more irate until finally the owner couldn't calm him down. He said, "You need to leave."

The guy became even more mad. The owner said, "I'm going to call the police. You need to leave right now." 

The guy might have had a date with him. I don't think it was his wife. She tried unsuccessfully to calm the guy down and finally the guy stormed out and she followed behind him.

Such a stupid, pointless interaction.