Friday, February 2, 2018

Cruising With Friends - Day 1

After hugs and goodbyes with our girls as they left for school on Friday morning, Chris and I finished packing up our stuff before leaving the house at 7:40.  We had planned for 7:30 but realized all of a sudden that the clock in our bathroom was running slow.  I texted Maria Burnham that we were running a little late and would be to their house in about ten minutes.

As we pulled up to their house, the garage was open, and we drove in to leave our car while gone on our cruise.  A quick pit stop and we were on our way.  It was at the exit to the airport where I said to Rafer that police often sit at this exit and patrol speeds.  Maria suggested that Rafer should slow down when he said, “I’m just going to take my chance,” and at that moment Chris pointed out the police car sitting just ahead.  And that was when his lights turned on, before we even passed it.  Rafer pulled over in front of the police car.  Maria was LIVID.

The rest of the drive to the airport was fairly frosty and we tried to give those two a wide berth.  I suppose the fact that we were all pre-check and first class helped a little, but Maria was not thrilled with her man.  Our flight attendant, Carlos, was excellent.  Probably they best we have ever had.

Somehow I was able to text with the girls without purchasing wifi.  I chatted with Amy and learned from Misha that I had packed the sandwiches for her and for Kristen in to Misha's lunch.  Poor Kristen.  We arrived in Orlando, picked up our mini-van, and drove to the hotel a short distance away.


After settling in to our room, we headed back to the airport to pick up Jamie and David Adamson.  Our other friends, Kirsten and Mark Savage, had arrived in Orlando the night previous and were spending the day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

We all agreed to go to Downtown Disney for dinner with Kirsten and Mark joining us at the Boathouse for dinner.




We were able to squish them in to our table for six.  It was rather chilly—Chris was the only smart one to bring a jacket—but we still wanted to walk around and “shop”.  We ended the evening getting crepes and treats before heading back to the hotel.  All but Savages joined us at the hot tub for a little relaxing time.