Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cruising with Friends - Day 7

Cozumel and the Amazing Race.  Jamie Adamson had asked around a couple of months ago for ideas from friends who had been to Cozumel before for recommendations on their favorite excursions.  The Amazing Race was the choice.  Our whole group of eight signed up and met up with the Alonso at 11:15 am at the Parroquia San Miguel Arcangel Church in Cozumel.  We formed two teams with our eight—The Warriors and The Savages.  Chris and I raced with Jamie and David, and Maria, Rafer, Kirsten, and Mark were a team.  







This temporary henna tattoo held a clue from the Amazing Race.


The Amazing Race was a blast.  We found clues at a local market, at the museum, at a sunken ship in the harbor, as well as others.  And we won!  We had a lunch at the restaurant where we crossed the finish line and then shopped a little.  There wasn’t anything that we wanted but David and Jamie were able to find some mementos for their kids.

I was pretty hoarse to begin the day and after running and pushing myself hard, my throat was shot.  We walked back to the boat.  I opted to not race up nine or ten flights of stairs and we took the elevator up to the 15th deck to get ice cream.  Chris and David went on the slide and then hung out in the pools for the rest of the afternoon.  I just couldn’t do it and opted to relax and nap for the rest of the afternoon.  It was much needed.

Our evening entertainment included Cirque Dreams Epicurean with dinner.  The food was so so.  Everyone got the same thing but it was red meat and shrimp, neither of which I enjoy.  As one of the waitresses noticed that I hadn’t eaten much she offered to bring me some chicken.  It was food, but very thoughtful of her.  The performance was ok.  Maria was called up on stage to perform.  She was brave.

We hung out in the Bliss Lounge for awhile watching the karaoke.  Kirsten Savage wanted to participate, but the list was full by the time she went to choose a song.  I headed to bed early while the rest went dancing.  It was a bummer not being healthy.