My alarm woke me up at 5:10 am which meant that school had not been cancelled. The school district usually called at 5 am if school was to be cancelled. There was a lot of snow in the driveway as we arrived back from dropping off Amy at the airport last night, so I skipped my usual workout and added layers on layers to my body before heading out to shovel the sidewalk and driveway. We got at least another 8 inches.
Chris exercised first before starting up the ATV to come and help. As I was only partly finished the driveway and needed to be done soon to take Kristen to the bus stop, he was a welcome sight. His words as he came up the hill on the ATV, "I have come to help you." Hooray. My knight in shining snow pants.
I finished up my part of the driveway before coming in to the house to get Kristen off to school. We were running a couple of minutes late. Fortunately, the bus was just about to our house when we got to the bus stop, and we didn't have to wait ten minutes for the him to catch us on his return trip.