Monday, February 5, 2018

Cruising with Friends - Day 4

This was our first full day at sea and first day of seminars.  Unfortunately I woke up not feeling great at all.  I was nauseous with body aches and a sore throat.  My sleep had been interrupted all night long with chills and body aches.  Chris texted Rafer in the morning requesting help to give me a blessing.  Rafer and Maria showed up with meds and essential oils.  Though I wasn’t feeling great, I sat through the morning seminar until I was finally beginning to feel a little better.  I didn’t have much for breakfast, just a granola bar and some apple juice.

I was feeling better enough at lunch that I was able to eat some food and chatted with friends.  The seminars that we were attending were taught by our friend Laura Brotherson who was a family, marriage, and sex therapist.  At lunch, we chatted about ways to improved our relationships with our spouses.

After the afternoon seminar, Chris and I returned to our state room where I promptly fell asleep and slept for well over an hour.  Chris relaxed until dinner when we had a formal night.  My new shoes were a hit.  Chris and I were late in arriving so instead of sitting with our group, we sat with Dave and Tiffani Judd (we met them on the last cruise) and Grant and Alena Anderson.

Our friends from Oregon brought fun prizes and Bunco for as many in the group to play as wanted.  There was probably half our group participating.

The joke among our group, especially David and Jamie Adamson, was that they were going to enjoy 1st dinner, 2nd dinner, etc.  So after Bunco, we didn’t find any good music and instead opted for some ice cream (2nd dessert) and good conversation.  We chatted until almost midnight.