Friday, February 9, 2018

Cruising with Friends - Day 8

Today was our second seminar day while at sea.  We were all better friends and enjoyed the camaraderie of the day.  I was feeling a little better with each passing day, but definitely not 100%.  Our seminars went from 930 to 11:30 with a one-hour break for lunch and then started up again at 12:30 until 2 pm.  Following the seminars, Chris and I headed back to our room to rest. Chris actually slept today while I read my book. We had a closing social with our group at 5:00 pm and enjoyed hearing some of the favorite moments from the cruise followed by a short slideshow of pictures from the week.

I wouldn’t say this was my favorite dinner.  I ordered gnocchi with bolognese sauce and broccoli on the side.  The entire dish was so salty that I couldn’t even eat it.  After dinner we switched seats so that the men could sit and chat and the women as well so that we weren't yelling quite as much or talking over each other.  These ladies were all fast friends.



As we were leaving the dining room after sitting and chatting at the table for about an hour, Chris tucked some money in to Maricar’s hand, our Filipina waitress.  She waited for me to scoot out from the bench seat and engulfed me in a huge hug.


A few of our friends also gave her a generous tip for her service throughout the week.  We hoped that it would help her as she was saving to return home to the Philippines to be with her daughter.

A bunch of the guys made their way up to the bowling alley for a fun game with the ladies continued their conversation while cheering the men on.  Chris won!


My final stop for the evening was at the Bliss Lounge for karaoke.  A bunch from our group were up there, some even signing.  I only lasted for a short while though as I started coughing and couldn’t stop.  I waved my goodbyes and headed back to our room.  I really had just wanted to go to bed, but I spent the next hour packing up to leave in the morning.  Chris came to the room about a half an hour later and started his packing.  I was happy to sink in to bed with a cough drop tucked in to my cheek.