Amy has been dying to come home for the President's Day long weekend for weeks now. Almost every conversation was how she could get a flight home. She was persistent.
When Chris and I were on our cruise, we had Savannah Vavla stay with the girls. She had been planning to get married in April but decided to move up her wedding date to February 17 and forego the reception. On Thursday morning (the 15th), the thought popped in to my head that Savannah's sister, Makayla, who was a student at BYU-I would probably be coming home. I suggested to Amy that she should ask.
Amy was thrilled to find out that Makayla was indeed coming home AND she was leaving that night. Late. They were leaving after 6 pm and wouldn't arrive in Colorado until after 3 am. Makayla agreed to bring Amy home and Amy was excited to surprise her sisters. (That would have happened if she hadn't sent a location-stamped SnapChat to Misha). Still, Kristen was surprised and thrilled. We were all happy to have Amy home.
She arrived around 3:30 am. I didn't sleep well and remembered to turn off the alarm around 1 pm since Kristen had set it. I got up around 2:30 am to unlock the front door. And the dinging of the door alarm at 3:30 am had me out of bed and hugging on my Amy girl. She changed from sleeping in her bed to sleeping in the basement to make sure she surprised her sisters. Misha was on to her though, but kept the secret.
Can't even tell you how much good it did my heart to see that girl. She is just doing so well and is happy. Makes me happy.