Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Small Miracles in the Temple

I volunteer in the baptistry at the Fort Collins Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints every Wednesday.  As I came to the temple today and opened the drawer containing all of the family file names, I noticed that some of the female names were Korean and written first in Korean with the English translation below.  As we proceeded through the afternoon, we had a couple of young ladies come to the temple to participate in baptisms.  The first young woman was given about 16 Korean names.  We were amazed to find out that the brother who came to help in the Baptistry served a mission in Korea and had no problem pronouncing the names.  In fact after a second sister arrived at the font the brother said, "Oh, these have English translations below the characters."  He had no problem reading the Korean characters. 

I had given the second sister 11 names and then felt impressed to see how many more Korean family file names were still left in the drawer.  Nine.  I removed the names and as the brother and young woman were finishing up with the first 11 names, I said, "I have nine more Korean names.  Would you be interested in and willing to finish them?"  Both of them agreed.  Small miracles indeed.