Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Cruising with Friends - Day 6

I was feeling recuperated enough on Wednesday morning to get up and join our group for a day in Grand Cayman.  We had an excursion planned to Stingray City followed by two snorkeling opportunities.  I surprised myself and everyone else by feeling good enough to go.  We had to meet up at 8:15 am to tender to the island and then take a charted boat out to the sting rays.

As our NCL guide was directing us off the ship to our tender, she was trying to encourage us to hurry.  Chris called back, “Chop chop!”  (Meaning hurry).  The guide, not a native English speaker said, “I don’t know what he say chop chop, but do it anyway!”

It was a lot windier and choppier on the water than the last time that Chris and I made this same excursion.  The challenge was to avoid getting knocked over by the waves, or at the very least swallowing a mouth full of water.








Trying to photobomb Rafer and Maria.



While the rest of the group snorkeled, Jamie Adamson and I opted to stay on the boat and chat.  I didn’t mind.  I wasn’t feeling up to par and enjoyed just relaxing and talking.

Our ship left port rather early at 3 pm, so after a short shopping trip and buying some shirts for Kristen and Misha, we headed back to the ship.  We chose to eat at the buffet for dinner to make time for the comedy performance we were scheduled for.  We saw Titou: Comedy Magician and Illusionist.

Some of our group attended the Howl at the Moon Dueling Piano performance and enjoyed it until 11 pm when the two players started to get raunchy in their jokes and song choices.  Our group got up from the first and second rows and left.